Here I Go Again...

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Beautiful Beach


Beautiful Pool


Sad, Sun-burned Me


I went to Phuket last weekend. I met up with my friend Philippa from college. She had a business trip in Singapore and came over to Thailand. Such a nice break from my ant-filled room (which I've been kicked out of, as the owner is returning tomorrow... I'm staying in a new ant-filled room across the street until yet another person vacates their room and I move there). Our hotel was amazing (in Phuket... I'm jumping around). I feel silly going on and on about it, as I'm supposed to be here for a cause that transcends silly things like beach resorts. The sun even came out on Saturday (I got the worst sunburn of my life... I was just so excited about sun versus rain that I forgot to reapply the old SPF 30). This week has been very office-based, except for a day trip to Ranong yesterday to pick up some transcripts for the focus groups. On the way back, there weren't any seats, so they put us in the luggage compartment. It was more comfortable than expected and even had a light so I could read. I went to a used bookstore last weekend and stocked up. I have been flying through books. Funny how that happens when you live in a sleepy town and often take public transport (lots of waiting, which isn't so bad with a book).

3 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

love your photo. even better than your alien pic.

July 10, 2006 8:39 AM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Phonetic = Poo Ket. Please remind Bruce that this is the case. And let him know that I'm still working on the t-shirts.

July 10, 2006 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, the sunscreen........always remember the sunscreen!!!

July 12, 2006 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home